Current Athletic Field Projects (Rec)
Recent Facility Enhancements:
- Cedar Recreation Athletic Courts, Resurfacing Project now complete. Atheltic Courts open for use.
- Softball Field, Shade System Install. Project Completed Fall 2021
- Powerwahsing and Repairs at Cedar Rec. Completed (exterior painting to be completed Spring '22).
- Town Common, Eletrical Shed Repairs. Completed Fall 2021
- United Way Day of Caring, Indoor Painting at Cedar Rec. Completed Fall 2021.
- Softball Field, Install of PolyCaps on Fencing. Completed Fall 2021.
- Town Fields Brush Cut back. Completed Spring 2022.
Scheduled Facility Enhancements:
- Turners Field, Infield Rehab, Scheduled for Spring 2022.
- Turners Field, Upgrade of Players Benches. Scheduled for Spring 2022.
- Upgrade to LED Lighting and Repairs at Recreation Pavillion, Scheduled for Spring 2022.
- Replacement of Recreation Shed at Cedar Recreation Area, Scheduled for Summer 2022.
- Replacement of Cedar Recreation Town Beach Sign, Scheduled for Summer 2022.
- Installation of Bleachers (2) at Softball Field, Scheduled for Fall 2022.
- Turners Field, Installation of Saftey Dugouts, Scheduled for Fall 2022.
(This project did not move forward at Special Town Meeting 2021).
1. Design and Construction of Improvements at Cedar Recreation Area.
The Sturbridge Recreation Committee invites you to learn about the ongoing improvement project for the Cedar Recreation Area. The improvements include a multipurpose sports field and accessibility upgrades. This project represents the results of the Field Study funded at Annual Town Meeting in 2019.
This article will fund the finalized design, permitting and construction of improvements. Design and permitting will include a traffic study and other required elements for site plan review as well as conservation requirements such as storm water design. Improvements include but are not limited to an artificial turf multipurpose field, minimum of 50 parking spaces, and accessibility upgrades to the Town Playground, Beach and Athletic Courts. The 2007 Field Study, 2011 and 2018 Open Space and Recreation Plans all recommended additional fields in town for local youth leagues and this would be the first field constructed to meet the need for fields in town
A Public Information Meeting was hosted on Monday September 27, 2021.
6:00 PM, Veterans Memorial, Sturbridge Town Hall (308 Main St)
View the Public Information Meeting Here
*Please review file attachments below, including Site Plan, Presentations, Additional Information.
SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28TH
7:00 PM, TANTASQUA HIGH SCHOOL
STURBRIDGE RECREATION COMMITTEE
MULTIUSE RECREATIONAL FIELD DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
CEDAR LAKE RECREATION AREA
(2/3 Vote Required)
|Article 50_FAQs_Cost_Information||310 KB|
|Cedar Recreation Area Presentation 9-27-21||7.04 MB|
|Rendered Site Plan 9-23-21||5.6 MB|
|Site Plan 1.7.21||911.95 KB|
|Description of Current Fields and Sports Teams||444.99 KB|