**** IMPORTANT NOTE: PERMITTING SOFTWARE UPGRADE ****
ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2019, WE WILL BE IMPLIMENTING A NEW PERMITTING SOFTWARE PROGRAM. ALTHOUGH, WE FEEL THIS WILL BE A SMOOTH TRANSITION, PLEASE ALLOW FOR EXTENDED TIME DURING THIS LEARNING CURVE. WE STRIVE TO TURN YOUR PERMITS AROUND IN LESS THAN A WEEK, HOWEVER PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY AS THERE MAYBE SOME DELAY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE IN THE INTERIM.
The Building Department has an open door policy. If a citizen, taxpayer, homeowner, etc., has a question or concern, please give our staff a call so we can address the matter. A staff member is available most anytime during office hours, no appointment is necessary unless you are in need of meeting with the Building Commissioner and/or the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
- Building Inspector: By appointment.
- Electrical Inspector: By appointment, inspections after 3:15pm
- Plumbing/Gas Inspector: By appointment, please contact Peter Starkus directly.
- To Schedule an Appointment: Call 508.347.2505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org the day prior to your inspection or between 7am-9am the day of requested inspection.
To find a GIS Map of a property, please follow these steps:
- At "Home Page" of the Town Website, see the left hand side of the page under "Sturbridge NE Crossroads"
- Then click on "GIS/Maps"
- Then click on the link for "On Line GIS"
- Then click on "Agree", then at the next screen, enter the street number & name in the top left hand corner and hit "enter" key
*** STRETCH CODE ADOPTED BY TOWN OF STURBRIDGE; EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018 For clarification: Stretch Code Requirements go into effect January 1, 2019, not July 1,2018. **