UPDATE 5.19.2020 Due to the Coronavirus Outbreak, effective March 17, 2020, the Town Hall buildings are now closed to the public until June 1st however, this may change given what Phase of Re-Opening the State of MA is in at that time. We are still working our normal office hours, but remotely. The best way of contact us, is to call the office 508.347.2505 or email Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We continue to process permits. WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING CHECKS, NO CASH AT THIS TIME. Please make out to "Town of Sturbridge".
To submit permit applications, plans or other documents, please either mail to the Town of Sturbridge, 308 Main Street, Sturbridge, MA 01566, email the paperwork or you can leave your permits, plans in our drop box & bin just outside our building rear entrance located at 301 Main Street, Sturbridge. We are checking these locations frequently.
UPDATE 5.19.2020 - INSPECTIONS: we are working on a critical need basis at this time. Any new construction or emergancy will be inspected in-person or via email. Please call the office to schedule any inspection. All other inspections, will require a few pictures emailed to our office. You will receive a “pass or fail” email back from the inspector. Please send your email to email@example.com. Plumbing and/or Gas Inspection Request: Please contact Peter Starkus, directly at 508.735.5277.
Permit applications can be found on our Departmental webpage (Building), left hand column under "Permit Forms: Applications and Documents". We appreciate your business in this town and thank you for your patience and understanding as we work in a different way through this everchanging process.
UPDATE: May 2020: Status-Quo Remains as such: As of October 1, 2019 we have a new permitting software system for which we are still experiencing on-going bugs. At this time, we are unable to entertain on-line applications and/or payment. Please continue to submit and pay via by mail or drop-box. We apologize for the inconvenience while we continue to work on these issues.
The Building Department has an open door policy. If a citizen, taxpayer, homeowner, etc., has a question or concern, please give our staff a call so we can address the matter. A staff member is available most anytime during office hours, no appointment is necessary unless you are in need of meeting with the Building Commissioner and/or the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
- Building Inspector: By appointment.
- Electrical Inspector: By appointment, inspections after 3:15pm
- Plumbing/Gas Inspector: By appointment, please contact Peter Starkus directly at 508.735.5277
- To Schedule an Appointment: Call 508.347.2505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org the day prior to your inspection or between 7am-9am the day of requested inspection.
To find a GIS Map of a property, please follow these steps:
- At "Home Page" of the Town Website, see the left hand side of the page under "Sturbridge NE Crossroads"
- Then click on "GIS/Maps"
- Then click on the link for "On Line GIS"
- Then click on "Agree", then at the next screen, enter the street number & name in the top left hand corner and hit "enter" key