The Town of Sturbridge has a number of updates for the general public and local businesses. Please see the message below from the Town.
Click the links below for important information regarding tax relief to residents and businesses.
Please click on the link below for the latest Massachusetts updates and information regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
Click here for an update from Emergency Management: https://www.sturbridge.gov/home/news/covid-19-update-emergency-management
COVID-19 Case Update
Active case count in Sturbridge as of May 20, 2020: 7
Please check here for updates on cases in Massachusetts:
This site is updated daily at 4pm and is the most currently public information available.
General COVID-19 Update
The Coronavirus is a growing concern for the world, and the Town of Sturbridge is no exception. At this time, we ask that you participate in the following recommendations to do your part in staying healthy and keeping others healthy as well:
- Follow the same protocol as the flu;
- If anyone has flu-like symptoms, stay home;
- Under no circumstances should you medicate a child and send them to school; they need to stay home and be fever free for 24 hours;
- Practice good hand washing techniques; wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands;
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Get a seasonal flu immunization.
There is no need to panic at this time and the best thing we can do as a community is to follow the normal flu precautions listed above. The Sturbridge Health Department participates in ongoing drills for pandemic preparedness and, if need be, we are ready to respond alongside the rest of our emergency responders.
It is encouraged that all people practice social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can help prevent COVID-19 with social distancing by:
- Call/Facetime/online chat with friends and family
- Stay home as much as you can
- If you must go out:
- Don’t gather in groups
- Stay 6 feet away from others
- Don’t shake hands or hug
- And please continue to wash your hands frequently
Please note, out of an abundance of caution the Town has closed its town offices to the public until further notice, but staff are still onsite working to support residents, businesses and contractors. If you have a question for the Town please call or email staff using information found on this website: www.sturbridge.gov/departments.
We will keep everyone updated as more information becomes available. Should you have any questions or concerns, please go to the Town’s website at: www.sturbridge.gov/home/urgent-alerts/coronavirus-update and/or go to the State’s website at: www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus.
Frequently Asked COVID-19 Questions
We understand that people have many questions about the corona virus. The Town’s public health advisor, Louis Fazen, MD, MPH, has provided the following guidance based on commonly asked questions.
Common questions healthy people may be asking Town Officials:
- How will I know if I have an infection with Corona Virus, Covid-19?
- Since most healthy people will be able to stay home when they have symptoms of cough and fever along with sore throat and fatigue, testing is not necessary in most cases. Just as you would for the flu and other viruses, it is important to isolate yourself as much as possible at home to avoid spreading the virus. Most people should be feeling better in 7 to 10 days and may return to regular activities when free of fever for at least THREE full days provided your cough is also decreased.
- When should I call my primary care provider?
- If you are over 60 year old, it is best to notify your primary care provider when you are sick at home. If you are getting sicker and having difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, it is very important to CALL your Doctor or other health care Provider. CALL 911 if your condition is rapidly getting worse.
- If you are generally healthy under age 60, certainly call your primary care provider if you are having difficulty breathing or not responding to fever control.
- How can I protect myself from Corona Virus infection?
- At the present time we are all advised to maintain “Social Distancing” to avoid contact with others who may carry the Corona Virus. It is important to remain 6 feet distance from others and practice “Healthy Hygiene” such as frequent hand washing with soap and water, coughing into your elbow, using hand sanitizer when outside the home and frequent cleaning of counter tops and tables at home.
Local Business Resources
The coronavirus / COVID-19 is affecting the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Unfortunately, that also means that they are affecting Sturbridge businesses. In an effort to provide businesses with the most up to date information and resources, we have linked to various websites and data that is useful during this event. To access those resources, please go to: www.sturbridge.gov/businesses/news/covid-19-update-businesses.
Supporting Local Business
Even though we are affected by COVID-19, Sturbridge is still open for business. Many of our local businesses are still open, even if only partially. We encourage people to continue to support these local businesses. Below is a list of our restaurant businesses who are still open and are offering take-out meal options. Please show your support to all of our local businesses, especially during this difficult time. Please call or check the business or company website for more accurate, up to date information.
Bird Store and More – Available for orders or pick up
Dave’s Pest Control – Open and still providing services
Regent Information Services – Open
Rapscallion Brewery – Open 4pm – 8pm on weekdays, 12pm – 8pm on weekends, takeout only
Homefield Kitchen and Brewery – Open Thursday – Sunday, 4pm – 9pm, takeout only
Alternatives for Health – Open 10am – 3pm, pickup / mail orders only
Innovative Home Transformations – Open
Clear Com IT – Open (working remotely)
Online Credit Card – Open
Micknucks – Open, regular hours but 7:30am – 8:30am for high risk population only
G&R Fish Market – Wednesday – Friday, 11am – 6pm, Saturday 11am – 5pm
Studio 20/20 – Appointment only
Teddy G’s – open daily 11am - 9pm
OFS – Open
Altruist Brewery – Takeout only, Friday, 5pm – 7pm, Saturday, 12pm – 3pm.
Park Place Salon – Available by phone and social media
Steve’s Collision – Weekdays 8:30am – 3pm
Sturbridge Taxi – Open
Cornerstone Bank – Drive through open and available for appointments
C&R Tire – Open
Saw Dust Café – Monday – Friday, 7am – 3pm, Saturday and Sunday, 8am – 3pm
McCurdy Insurance – Open
MassFlow Air Products – Open
Village Pizza – Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 8:30pm, Saturday 12pm – 8:30pm, Sunday, 12pm – 8pm. Takeout and delivery
Sturbridge Seafood – Sunday – Thursday, 12pm – 8pm, Friday – Saturday, 12pm – 9pm. Takeout and delivery
Thrifty Gypsy – Wednesday – Sunday, 11am – 3pm
Rom's Takeout and Catering - M-F from 9-7PM and Saturdays 9-6
Hearthstone Market & Catering, 630 Main Street, Open 11:00 to 7:00 every day
McDonald’s - open from 5AM to 12Am. The lobby is open till 11PM
Your Health Matters at 139 main street is fully stocked and open for business
Jimmy D's every day from 11 AM till 6:30 PM
Comfort Inn & Suites open
Sturbridge Coffee House open 6:30 am until 2:00 with full menu, walk up window to pick up call ahead orders
Hog Heaven Hobbies open for mailorder and curbside pickup
Brush it Off - Open via Facebook
Stone & Sparrow Cafe - Coffee Shop open for takeout
321 Hypnosis and Massage Center open for online hypnosis sessions, 321hypnosis.com
Lake Road Living open for curbside pickup or shipping, found on social media @lakeroadliving
Baba Sushi open Sunday-Thursday from 4-9 and Friday & Saturday from 4-10
B.T. Smokehouse open normal business hours
Julie Gerrish Fitness offering online classes and personal training with virtual monthly memberships juliegerrishfitness.com
Dunkin Donuts 469 Main St., Fiskdale open 5AM-4PM Order In to Take Out or On The Go Ordering with DD APP
Dunkin Donuts 120 Main Street open 5am-6pm
Dunkin Donuts 215 Charlton Rd., Sturbridge open 5AM-7PM Drive Thru and Walk In ordering, On The Go w/ DD APP
Noah's Ark Pet Shop - open for phone in orders. pick up in lobby. Call 505-347-5626 Seven Days a week. Call for hours.
TLC Home Services open to any Essential businesses that is in need of cleaning/disinfecting and sanitizing.